NEW DELHI: The Covid-19 fatality rate in India recovered to 2.25% as the recovery rate increased to 64%. Total Covid-19 cases stand at 1,483,156 which includes 4,96,988 active cases, 953,743 cured/discharged/migrated cases & 33,425 deaths.
Here are the top development —
- India’s COVID-19 fatality rate is progressively falling from 3.33 per cent on June 18 to 2.25 per cent as on date, while the recovery rate increased from around 53 per cent in mid-June to more than 64 per cent, the Union health ministry said on Tuesday.
- France on Tuesday handed over to India ventilators, test kits and other medical equipment as part of its assistance in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A total of 5,28,000 samples were tested for Covid-19 across the country on July 27, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) said on Tuesday.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari said the government is making efforts to attract foreign direct investment in the infrastructure sector to address liquidity crunch faced by the Covid-19-hit economy. The road transport, highways and MSME minister also said that talks are on with various pension funds, insurance funds and financial institutions.
- Levels of nitrogen dioxide fell by more than 70 per cent during the lockdown in New Delhi, a UN policy brief said on Tuesday, warning that the environmental gains could be temporary if the cities re-open without policies to prevent air pollution and promote de-carbonisation.
- Rapid antigen kits help UP conduct over 1 lakh Covid tests in 24 hours. UP achieved the milestone of one lakh Covid-19 test in 24 hours on Monday. Officials said that 1.06 lakh was the maximum number of tests done by any state in a single day.
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday declared that state will continue with the lockdown protocol till August 31 with relaxations, but there will be two days in a week when there will be complete lockdown.
- The lockdown in West Bengal will be enforced on August 2, 5, 8, 9,16,17, 23, 24 and 31.
- Only 700 cases in Mumbai today, Aditya Thackeray tweets; urges public to ‘not let the guard down’
- Highest spike of 1,167 new cases in Kerala tally 20,894, active cases 10,091; toll rises to 67 with 4 more deaths: CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- The UN’s humanitarian aid coordinator has unlocked another $100 million from its emergency fund to help 10 under-resourced countries in Africa, the Middle East and the Americas meet pressing needs made worse by the pandemic.
- The International Monetary Fund has approved a $4.3 billion emergency loan to South Africa as it reels under the coronavirus pandemic. The country has the world’s fifth-largest virus caseload, and confirmed cases are approaching half a million.
- Twitter has withdrawn a video retweeted by US President Donald Trump in which doctors made allegedly false claims about the coronavirus pandemic after Facebook took similar action. The video, which shows a group of doctors claiming masks and lockdowns were not required to halt the disease, had been watched by 14 million people on Facebook before it was removed.
- Moderna Inc and Pfizer Inc launched two 30,000-subject trials of Covid-19 vaccines that could clear the way for regulatory approval and widespread use by the end of this year.
- Real Madrid forward Mariano has tested positive for the coronavirus, the club said Tuesday.
- Pakistan has recorded its lowest single-day Covid-19 death tally in the past three months. The 20 new deaths on Monday was an 87 per cent reduction in Covid-19 related deaths.
Be First to Comment